I was kind of a rebel with my one little word choice for 2016: I actually picked a 2-word phrase.
We had to make a lot of really big decisions this year, and being a person who isn’t by nature incredibly decisive, it was important to me to have a filter to run those decisions through.
Is it worth it?
Is the discomfort, uncertainty, and awkwardness going to lead to an end result that is worth it all?
We also deemed this year one of adventure. As a family, we wanted to try new things, make our own adventures, and have fun memories to hold onto.
The changes included things like
- Selling our first home and moving closer to school
- Family bike rides – this is our new favorite thing to do together
- Daisy starting preschool
- Tanner studying and testing to make the promotion list at work (He made the list! We are just waiting for the position to open up.)
- An anniversary vacation to Colorado
- New recipes and restaurants
- Dash starting Mighty Mites football
We faced some serious bumps along the way, lost sleep, and even crashed and burned some days, but we all grew, too. We are learning what it means to work together as a family team, take risks, and say no to things that just aren’t worth it cost.
My heart is full at the end of this year. God has blessed us and sustained us, and I’m grateful for the memories and wisdom our family has gained by adventuring together.