1. Today was THE day! I went without my splint for the entire day, and got the official word from my surgeon to continue this process of being a two-handed individual.Hallelujah!
2. Oh! And did I mention that I’m typing with two hands?!? It feels a little funny because of the nerve damage to my pinky, but overall, it is GREAT to type more like normal.
3. I had a fabulous morning with my son this morning. I haven’t been that much fun to be around lately, and in the past few days since I’ve been learning to manage my morning sickness, I’ve been trying to catch up on the gazillion things that I’m behind on. So it was with so much joy in my heart that we got to bake some cookies and have some cuddle time on the couch.
4. Tomorrow I leave my boys and head out with a group from my church to help out with a weekend camp for local homeless teens. I’m a camp junkie, so going to camp is nothing new (in fact, it’s one of my favorite things ever), but I’ve never been to one specifically focused on this particular group of individuals. I went the headquarters/hang-out place for the kids downtown in our city the other night for orientation, and I got really excited! It’s been a while since I’ve gotten to hang with teenagers, but I love them and their universal quirkiness so much. Please pray for God to work in mighty ways this weekend. Unlike most camp experiences I’ve had in the past, most of these kids are going to be exposed to the gospel for the first time this weekend, so Satan will be working to cause extra challenges. God is more powerful, though, and He undoubtedly answers prayer, so please pray for the campers as well as those of us going to minister to them.
5. Do you ever notice how God brings specific focus words into your life? Well, my current one is hope. In case you missed my vlog the other day, you can check it out here, but I’m pretty sure I used the word “hope” a lot of times in that video. My memory verse for June is Psalm 9:18, “But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.” Also, because I’m just a bit slow in realizing obvious things such as this currently, I just realized the significance of the name of the camp I’m attending this weekend: it’s called Camp Hope. I love it!
Have a great weekend everyone, and please pray for God to be at work!
If you’re new to this site, thanks so much for stopping by! I would love to have you as a part of this humble little community of women who want to find the exceptional power of God in our otherwise average lives. If you would like to receive updates when I add new posts, you can like my Facebook page, subscribe to my RSS feed, or receive new posts by email. You can also find all of these options easily by going to my home page and clicking on the appropriate icon located in the right side bar.